DUSHANBE, November 18, 2013, Asia-Plus -- Dushanbe independent weekly, Digest-Press , marks its 19th anniversary today.

Digest-Press founder Akbarali Sattorov, who is also head of Tajik Journalists’ Union (TJU), says they have decided to print this Russian-language paper because after collapse of the Soviet Union Russian newspaper had practically stopped to come to Tajikistan.

“During the first two-three years, Digest-Press had just reproduced articles from Russian publications,” said Sattorov.  “Today, Digest Press prints mainly its own materials.”

During ten years, Digest-Press had been listed as the largest circulation newspaper in Tajikistan, Sattorov said.

“In 1994, only 2-3 correspondents worked with Digest Press while the newspaper’s current editorial staff is 50 people,” Digest-Press founder added.