DUSHANBE, October 16, Asia-Plus - “We do not have any information that one or other religious extremist group intends to destabilize the situation in the republic ahead of the upcoming presidential election,” First Deputy Minister of Interiors, Abdurrahim Qahhorov, remarked at a news conference in Dushanbe today.
At the same time, he stressed that outlawed religious Hizb ut-Tahrir organization has not given up its plans “to reach its goals by means of force.”
According to him, a number of cases of detention of members of this organization is increasing year out. “Over the past nine months of this year alone, 48 members of Hizb ut-Tahrir have been detained in the country and a large amount of seditious literature, including 15,000 leaflets, as well as one copy machine and 54 CDs have been seized,” the Tajik interior official said, adding that 15 members of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) have been detained in Tajikistan since the beginning of the year.
Qahhorov noted that the country’s police had been put on alert and the situation in the country is under control.




Controversial street race involving Russian blogger sparks legal questions and public criticism
New industrial zone inaugurated in Dushanbe with launch of three factories
Man arrested in Dushanbe for real estate fraud exceeding 1 million somonis
Central Asia “buying” Trump’s attention: region finds a new approach to U.S. administration
Kazakhstan to limit beef exports until end of 2025 — what it means for Tajikistan
Tajik police arrest suspect in brutal attack on woman in Kazan, set to extradite to Russia
Russia faces chronic labor shortage, says Eurasian Development Bank
Over 5,000 Tajik citizens banned from leaving country due to debt
Global bread price ranking: where does Tajikistan stand?
Kyrgyzstan increases penalties for domestic violence under new law
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста