DUSHANBE, October 9, Asia-Plus - Barqi Tojik (Tajik electric systems) power holding has announced new measures rationing electricity supplies in the country.
The Barqi Tojik source said the measures were introduced on October 2 in all provinces except the capital city. “The measures seek to curb the country’s rising electricity consumption in the autumn-winter period,” said the source, “The rationing will last though April next year and result in the supply of daily being reduced to 10 hours.”
The source added that this year the daily electricity supplies had been reduced to eight hours per day.
In addition to curbing rising consumption, the move also stems from a decline in the water level in the country’s reservoirs powering the main hydroelectric power stations. Because of this Tajikistan’s deficiency of electricity of electricity in the autumn-winter period amounts to 3.5 billion – 4 billion kWh. The country plans to cover this deficiency by importing electricity from Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.




Controversial street race involving Russian blogger sparks legal questions and public criticism
New industrial zone inaugurated in Dushanbe with launch of three factories
Man arrested in Dushanbe for real estate fraud exceeding 1 million somonis
Central Asia “buying” Trump’s attention: region finds a new approach to U.S. administration
Kazakhstan to limit beef exports until end of 2025 — what it means for Tajikistan
Tajik police arrest suspect in brutal attack on woman in Kazan, set to extradite to Russia
Russia faces chronic labor shortage, says Eurasian Development Bank
Over 5,000 Tajik citizens banned from leaving country due to debt
Global bread price ranking: where does Tajikistan stand?
Kyrgyzstan increases penalties for domestic violence under new law
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста