DUSHANBE, June 19, Asia-Plus -- DilFon, a cellular operator set up by Tajik closed joint-stock company Dilshod Lubnon and an Arab telecommunications company (the source refrained from naming it), may lose its license for providing cellular communication services, Asia-Plus has learned at the Communications Regulatory Agency (CRA) of the Ministry of transport and Communications (MoTC).
The source at a CRA said that although DilFon received license for providing cellular communication services in the GSM 1800 standard in October 2005 already, it has not begun operation so far.
“The company was supposed to submit a report on work carried out by it in three-four months after receiving the license,” said the source, “However, the company has not yet submitted any documents to the Agency.” “Therefore, it may lose its license.”
The source added tat before revoking DilFon’s license, the communications regulatory agency would assess activity of the company in order to establish the reason for the company being not in operation.
According to the MoTC, nine cellular operators now provide services in different standards function in Tajikistan: MLT; Babilon-M, Indigo-Tajikistan; Indigo-Somoncom; Beeline; Tacom; M Teco; Telecom Inc (Skytel) and TK Mobile.




First pilot container train successfully departs from China to Tajikistan
How a Tajikistani native made his way to one of the world’s most influential tech companies
Two traders arrested on the first day of Ramadan for overcharging on meat in Dushanbe
27 young men sentenced in Tajikistan last year for avoiding military service
Uzbekistan launches jury trial system as an experiment
Job market in Tajikistan: Somon.tj identifies most in-demand professions and market trends
Russian lawmaker proposes migrants should receive benefits only after 20 years of residence in Russia
Tajikistan in 2025: economic growth, inflation, and foreign trade
Police in Dushanbe urges entrepreneurs to avoid unjustified price increases during Ramadan
"No criminal cases have been initiated": Tajikistan has not punished citizens for participation in the war in Ukraine
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста