DUSHANBE, October 12, Asia-Plus -- All students at higher educational institutions that have been sent to harvest cotton will return to classes on October 16, First Deputy Education Minister, Farhod Rahimov, announced at a news conference on October 11.
According to him, 90 percent of the second, third- and fourth-year students have participated in the cotton-harvesting campaign voluntarily.
In this connection, the deputy minister dwelled on a report recently released by some media that a group of students at Khujand University of Law, Business and Politics had allegedly refused to go to cotton plantations. Rahimov said that a commission comprising representatives from the Ministry of Education (MoE) had visited Sughd’s Asht district, where students from the mentioned university have helped farmers harvest cotton. “During a meeting with me, the students said that they had not signed a letter that had been sent to the Sughd regional government,” the MoE official said, noting that of 3,000 students of that university, who were supposed to be sent to harvest cotton, 2,991 have participated in the cotton-harvesting campaign.



Over 700 artistes in Tajikistan owe more than 660,000 somoni in taxes
How a resident of Khujand became energy-independent
Kazakhstan joins countries sending troops to Gaza: key agreements from the first Peace Council meeting
Murder of gas station cashier in Khatlon province: over 20 stab wounds
Tajik military recruitment official arrested for corruption and bribery
Tajikistan honors athletes with presidential awards for international achievements
Tajikistan's Security Council holds key meeting on national security
Tajikistan shuts down nearly 90 industrial enterprises in 2025
US dollar reportedly maintains dominance in Central Asia amid Chinese yuan hype
US-based company to invest $150 million in Uzbekistan’s gas station network
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста