DUSHANBE, July 12, 2008, 2008, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a press conference in Dushanbe, Education Minister Abdujabbor Rahmonov said on July 10 that the Ministry of Education had already received quotas for Tajik students to study abroad.
According to him, the Russian Federation had allotted Tajikistan a quota of 70 students, Ukraine and Japan allotted 30 seats for Tajik students in their universities each, China – 40 seats, Turkey and Egypt – 10 seats each.
Besides, Poland an Slovakia have allotted one seat each fro Tajik students to take MA course, and Kazakhstan and Iran have allotted 100 seats for Tajik students to take the preliminary courses, the minister said.
Rahmonov noted that 1,007 students, including 457 young men and 550 young women, will enter Tajik universities this year by the presidential quota.
We will recall that last year, 336 Tajik students entered universities abroad. 130 of them entered universities in the Russian Federation.




GBAO and Khatlon province complete spring draft target early
Chronicle of the month: March, 2026
Donald Trump states US ready to end war with Iran without a Deal
Kyrgyzstan launches domestic production of national currency
Windy April: weather forecast for Tajikistan
Tajikistan faces continued religious freedom challenges
The Judo Grand Slam in Dushanbe: what to expect
New developments in Isfara: schools, power substation, and coal mine opened
Iran claims drone factory in Tajikistan, but no evidence surfaces
Nuclear raid or breaking the blockade: why Trump wants thousands of Marines and paratroopers off the shores of Iran
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста