KULOB, August 29, 2008, Asia-Plus -- A special post has been installed on the Shar-Shar Pass in Khatlon’s Danghara district to prevent illegal removal of raw cotton from the Khatlon province, Asia-plus has learned from Amrokhon Hoitov, a lead specialist with the Kulob agriculture directorate.
Hoitov, heading the post, said that post had been installed by order of the Khatlon governor Gaybullo Avzal and it will be operational during the cotton-harvesting campaign.
In the meantime, speaking in an interview with Asia-Plus, Abdullo Rajabov, a chief specialist with the Kulob agriculture directorate, said that farmers in Khatlon’s Kulob region have yielded 2,133 tons of cotton by August 28. On August 27, 12,303 cotton pickers worked in the cotton fields of the Kulob region.




GBAO and Khatlon province complete spring draft target early
Chronicle of the month: March, 2026
Donald Trump states US ready to end war with Iran without a Deal
Kyrgyzstan launches domestic production of national currency
Windy April: weather forecast for Tajikistan
Tajikistan faces continued religious freedom challenges
The Judo Grand Slam in Dushanbe: what to expect
New developments in Isfara: schools, power substation, and coal mine opened
Iran claims drone factory in Tajikistan, but no evidence surfaces
Nuclear raid or breaking the blockade: why Trump wants thousands of Marines and paratroopers off the shores of Iran
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста