DUSHANBE, July 26, 2012, Asia-Plus – The Afghan authorities are sending additional forces to the Badakhshan stretch of its common border with Tajikistan.
The Tajik president’s official website reports that President Emomali Rahmon yesterday had a telephone conversation with his Afghan counterpart Hamid Karzai.
The sides reportedly expressed concern about the situation in southeastern Tajikistan, in particular in the city of Khorog.
In the course of the talks, President Karzai said that the Afghan Authorities were sending additional forces to Badakhshan Province and they would stay there until full normalization of the situation on the Tajik-Afghan border.
Rahmon and Karzai reached an agreement that power-wielding structures and special services of the two countries would be in constant contact until completion of the special operation carried out by the Tajik government forces and normalization of the situation in the region, the source said.




First pilot container train successfully departs from China to Tajikistan
How a Tajikistani native made his way to one of the world’s most influential tech companies
Two traders arrested on the first day of Ramadan for overcharging on meat in Dushanbe
27 young men sentenced in Tajikistan last year for avoiding military service
Uzbekistan launches jury trial system as an experiment
Job market in Tajikistan: Somon.tj identifies most in-demand professions and market trends
Russian lawmaker proposes migrants should receive benefits only after 20 years of residence in Russia
Tajikistan in 2025: economic growth, inflation, and foreign trade
Police in Dushanbe urges entrepreneurs to avoid unjustified price increases during Ramadan
"No criminal cases have been initiated": Tajikistan has not punished citizens for participation in the war in Ukraine
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста