Israel completed on Wednesday its troop pullout from Gaza more than three weeks after the start of its assault on the coastal enclave, the Israeli army''s press service said.
An Israeli military statement said that the last soldiers of the Israeli Defense Forces had left the Gaza Strip before dawn. Israel troops remain deployed near the Gaza border in case of any possible militant attack.
Israel launched its attack on December 27, targeting Hamas infrastructure in a bid to put an end to rocket attacks by Palestinian militants on Israeli border towns. The military operation left over 1,300 Palestinians and nine Israeli servicemen dead. Up to 50,000 people have been left homeless in the enclave.
Israel declared a unilateral ceasefire at 2 a.m. local time (00:00 GMT) on Sunday saying it had achieved all its objectives following a week of airstrikes and two weeks of ground operations. Several hours after Israel''s announcement, radical Islamic movement Hamas also declared an immediate ceasefire, adding that it was giving Israel a week to withdraw its troops.
Both sides have already accused each other of ceasefire violations. Israel reported mortar shelling of its border territories, while Hamas said two farmers had been killed by Israeli troops.




First pilot container train successfully departs from China to Tajikistan
How a Tajikistani native made his way to one of the world’s most influential tech companies
Two traders arrested on the first day of Ramadan for overcharging on meat in Dushanbe
27 young men sentenced in Tajikistan last year for avoiding military service
Uzbekistan launches jury trial system as an experiment
Job market in Tajikistan: Somon.tj identifies most in-demand professions and market trends
Russian lawmaker proposes migrants should receive benefits only after 20 years of residence in Russia
Tajikistan in 2025: economic growth, inflation, and foreign trade
Police in Dushanbe urges entrepreneurs to avoid unjustified price increases during Ramadan
"No criminal cases have been initiated": Tajikistan has not punished citizens for participation in the war in Ukraine
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста