Iran''s elite Revolutionary Guards promised a "crushing" response to an attack that killed several senior commanders, state television said on Monday, as the death toll from the deadliest such incident in years rose to 42.
Stepping up accusations of Western backing for those behind Sunday''s suicide bombing in volatile southeastern Iran, one of the Guards'' most high-ranking officers said the United States and Britain trained "terrorists" in neighboring countries.
The attack and allegations of foreign involvement risk overshadowing talks between Iranian and Western officials in Vienna later on Monday intended to help resolve a standoff with the West about Iran''s nuclear ambitions.
Pakistan condemned the "ghastly act of terrorism" in an area near its border with the Islamic Republic, and denied suggestions from Tehran that security agents in Pakistan were cooperating with the perpetrators.
The attack in Sistan-Baluchestan province, which killed the deputy head of the Guards'' ground forces, highlighted deepening instability in a region of mainly Shi''ite Muslim Iran bordering Pakistan and Afghanistan.




First pilot container train successfully departs from China to Tajikistan
How a Tajikistani native made his way to one of the world’s most influential tech companies
Two traders arrested on the first day of Ramadan for overcharging on meat in Dushanbe
27 young men sentenced in Tajikistan last year for avoiding military service
Uzbekistan launches jury trial system as an experiment
Job market in Tajikistan: Somon.tj identifies most in-demand professions and market trends
Russian lawmaker proposes migrants should receive benefits only after 20 years of residence in Russia
Tajikistan in 2025: economic growth, inflation, and foreign trade
Police in Dushanbe urges entrepreneurs to avoid unjustified price increases during Ramadan
"No criminal cases have been initiated": Tajikistan has not punished citizens for participation in the war in Ukraine
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста