Iran''s Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Monday that arch-foe Israel was too weak to carry out any attack on Tehran''s nuclear sites.
Mottaki''s remarks reported by Mehr news agency came as a team of UN inspectors were conducting checks on Tehran''s recently-revealed second uranium enrichment plant.
Last month''s disclosure of the facility which is being built near the Shiite holy city of Qom had outraged Western powers and Israel.
"We consider the Zionist regime currently to be in its weakest position and we do not see it has such a capacity" to carry out a strike against Iran''s nuclear facilities, Mottaki said when a reporter asked him specifically about such a possibility by Israel.
Iranian officials have said that the Qom uranium enrichment facility was being built inside a mountain near a military base and was heavily guarded to prevent it from any air strike by the United States or Israel.
They have also said that the location of the Qom facility was such that it guarantees that Iran would continue its nuclear drive even if its other atomic facilities are bombed.




First pilot container train successfully departs from China to Tajikistan
How a Tajikistani native made his way to one of the world’s most influential tech companies
Two traders arrested on the first day of Ramadan for overcharging on meat in Dushanbe
27 young men sentenced in Tajikistan last year for avoiding military service
Uzbekistan launches jury trial system as an experiment
Job market in Tajikistan: Somon.tj identifies most in-demand professions and market trends
Russian lawmaker proposes migrants should receive benefits only after 20 years of residence in Russia
Tajikistan in 2025: economic growth, inflation, and foreign trade
Police in Dushanbe urges entrepreneurs to avoid unjustified price increases during Ramadan
"No criminal cases have been initiated": Tajikistan has not punished citizens for participation in the war in Ukraine
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста