Russian authorities said yesterday they have detained a man suspected of shooting dead nine people in a drunken dispute in in Tver oblast, some 110 kilometers northwest of Dushanbe.
Investigators said on June 4 that the alleged assailant gunned down five men and four women after a drinking session turned violent during the night of June 3 at a cottage in Redkino, 110 kilometers northwest of Moscow, according to Russian media reports.
“During the get-together there was a domestic dispute between the guests, after which the suspect left and then returned with a hunting rifle,” the Investigative Committee said in a statement.
It said the suspect, a resident of Moscow, 45, had been “drinking spirits.”




Over 700 artistes in Tajikistan owe more than 660,000 somoni in taxes
How a resident of Khujand became energy-independent
Kazakhstan joins countries sending troops to Gaza: key agreements from the first Peace Council meeting
Murder of gas station cashier in Khatlon province: over 20 stab wounds
Tajik military recruitment official arrested for corruption and bribery
Tajikistan honors athletes with presidential awards for international achievements
Tajikistan's Security Council holds key meeting on national security
Tajikistan shuts down nearly 90 industrial enterprises in 2025
US dollar reportedly maintains dominance in Central Asia amid Chinese yuan hype
US-based company to invest $150 million in Uzbekistan’s gas station network
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста