DUSHANBE, October 2, Asia-Plus - By president’s decree an autumn conscription campaign started in Tajikistan yesterday. The same decree provides for the retirement from active duty of soldiers and sergeants whose service under conscription is over.
Young Tajiks are drafted into the country’s armed forces from October through November 2006, the Ministry of Defense (MoD) said.
A source in the MoD said the draft affects able-bodied male citizens in the age bracket of 18 years old to 27 years old, who are not members of the armed forces reserve. “Taking into consideration the specific character of service in the border troops, the Ministry of Defense is to select conscripts for serving in the border troops in cooperation with the security and interior bodies immediately,” said the source. “The Ministry of Health is tasked to provide specialists from medical facilities of Dushanbe to make medical examination of conscripts for the districts subordinate to the center.”
In the meantime, a number of conscripts called up for military service is kept secret.
The spring conscription campaign was fulfilled completely and no complains have been lodged by conscripts and relatives so far, according to the source.




Controversial street race involving Russian blogger sparks legal questions and public criticism
New industrial zone inaugurated in Dushanbe with launch of three factories
Man arrested in Dushanbe for real estate fraud exceeding 1 million somonis
Central Asia “buying” Trump’s attention: region finds a new approach to U.S. administration
Kazakhstan to limit beef exports until end of 2025 — what it means for Tajikistan
Tajik police arrest suspect in brutal attack on woman in Kazan, set to extradite to Russia
Russia faces chronic labor shortage, says Eurasian Development Bank
Over 5,000 Tajik citizens banned from leaving country due to debt
Global bread price ranking: where does Tajikistan stand?
Kyrgyzstan increases penalties for domestic violence under new law
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста